COVID-19 Testing Information
Types of COVID Test Offered
- COVID-19 Lab PCR Test (results within 24 hours)
- COVID-19 Rapid PCR Test (results within 30 mins)
- COVID-19 Antigen Test (results within 30 mins)
- COVID-19 Antibody Test (results in 1-3 business days)
COVID Testing Cost
Effective March 23, 2022: The government HRSA COVID-19 Uninsured program has ended funding for uninsured patient claims for COVID testing or treatment.
Who is covered for COVID Testing?
Insured patients presenting symptoms or having direct contact with a COVID positive individual. It is advised to wait 7 days before being tested for exposure unless a patient is experiencing symptoms prior to the 7 days.
Who may NOT be covered for COVID Testing?
Patients requesting COVID-19 testing for travel, clearance for work, school, sport, or leisure are not
covered under most health insurances.
Patients who are non-symptomatic and do not have medical necessity for testing will be charged at time of service.
Patients who receive positive results while testing for non-medical, asymptomatic reasons will be covered under Insurance.
Patients testing for ‘non-medical’ reason will be reimbursed if Insurance approves the claim. Refunds are typically issued within 30 days of receiving insurance payment. To ensure faster service, forward Explanation of Benefits (EOB) to our office for processing once you receive it. Please maintain receipt if paid by cash.
Pro-Health Urgent Care commitment to our patients. If a claim is rejected by insurance, it is typically billed at a higher rate to the
patient. If your claim is rejected, call the clinic and your bill will be adjusted to our lower rate for uninsured (listed below).
– Abbott PCR Test – $120 (15 min results/PCR)
– Abbott PCR Student Test – $80 (15 mint results/PCR) – Students requiring a test for school or sports.
– PCR Lab Test – $165 (results in 12/24 hours) – Recommended for international travel
– Antigen Testing – $40 (5-minute rapid results) – This is not a PCR test